Sunday, March 27, 2016

Sanderson Brook Fall/Chester-blandford State Forest

An interesting state forest with unpaved roads through the whole forest (but most are actually closed if you manage to get an updated map that's not on the website).
Moose droppings. Yes, I saw the same moose some time later. It prance through the forest before I was able to get my camera out. First moose I saw in all the years of running around in the forest.













What's more fun than a moose? Well, nothing really but I found some edible mushrooms. People familiar with Chinese medicine would be jumping up and down when they see this. I saw this out the corner of my eyes as I bounce through the forest after the moose encounter. Collected this one (a little moldy and chew up but seems ok). Found a couple more but they were in worst shape so I left them alone.




For the main reason to visit this place: Sanderson Brook fall. Pre-spring flow is still quite impressive. Should try to come back in late spring to see if it's more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment