Friday, March 4, 2016

Business trip

Went on a business trip. Decided to stop by a local girl scout troop cookie booth since the area I was in sells different cookies.

Took forever to find the troop since they were selling in a giant mall. Almost walked into a girl scout before I realize they were selling at one of the normal mall booths instead of a temporary booth. The girl scouts were all brownies and very eager to sell me cookies. One saw me walking toward them and said "You want to buy some cookies? I know you do, what's why you are here!" The remaining troop then proceed to surround me asking me which one is my favorite, making suggestion on which one is good, and generally talking over each other to get my attention. After I picked out several boxes (gotta buy my fill after taking such a long trip!), two of the girls calculated the amount (in their heads) and came up with different number. I just smiled and told them to take their time before telling me how much it is. Troop leader walked over and just looked at them as they mumble to each other. She then told me that "It looks like they have come to an consensus". One proceed to check off a clipboard for the cookies I bought, another took the money and the third asked me if I need a bag and offer to tie the bag for me. It was amazing how they do this by themselves without prompting from the troop leader and did this very professionally.

Compare to that, the local (older) troops can't even calculate the amount I owe without resorting to pencil, paper, and fingers! Only one of the local troop expressed same level of eagerness and service as this brownie troop and they were a much older and bigger troop. I have a lot of respect for this brownie troop and how they take this seriously without prompting from adults. Their booth was very nicely decorated too as a bonus touch. I am now sitting on a mountain of cookies and I have no regret :)

No comments:

Post a Comment